Bahrain Cheque Truncation System (BCTS) is value adding service that BENEFIT provides not only to the financial sector but to the overall community of Bahrain. The BCTS enables banks to exchange electronic images of their clearing cheques thus reducing the clearing cycle to one business day. Such fast clearing cycle speeds the cash flow within the kingdom of Bahrain enhanceing its efficiency which in turn reflected positively on Bahrain’s economy. The BCTS service is governed by detailed operating rules that are endorsed by CBB directives.
What are BCTS clearing sessions and what is their time frame?
- The BCTS offers one regular session for clearing.
- Customers can deposit their cheques up to 11:30 am and will receive their funds in the same deposit day by 3:00 pm.
- Customers depositing their cheques after 11:30 am will receive their funds in the next business day by 3:00 pm.
Do customers pay any clearing fee to clear their cheques using the BCTS?
All cheques cleared in the BCTS regular session are FREE.
Where can customers deposit their cheques?
Customers can deposit their cheques in all commercial bank branches found in Bahrain.
Who are the participant members of the BCTS?
Commercial Banks who are members of the BCTS are:
- National Bank of Bahrain
- Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait
- Ahli United Bank
- Standard Chartered Bank
- HSBC Bank
- Bahrain Islamic Bank
- Al Salam Islamic Bank
- Arab Bank PLC
- Ithmaar Bank
- Habib Bank Limited
- United Bank Limited
- Kuwait Finance House
- National Bank of Kuwait
- Housing Bank of Trade and Finance
- ICICI Bank
- Khaleeji Commercial Bank
- Mashreq Bank
- AlBaraka Islamic Bank
- Credit Lebanese
- National Bank of Abu Dhabi
- State Bank of India
- Gulf International Bank